Thursday, April 25, 2013

What I think of Dickies EDS Scrub Tops

Just like most of you, I have worn scrubs almost every day for many years. What I look for in scrubs is comfort and durability. When I travel to an assignment, I am limited in what will fit into my suitcase. That means if I am on an extended assignment, my scrubs get washed frequently. They must hold their color after repeated washings and be made of a durable fabric.
I have been asked by Uniformed Scrubs to do a product review of their new line of Dickies scrub tops. When I got the email asking me if I would be interested in doing a review, automatically red flags went up. I responded to the email inquiring as to the companies “expectations” of my review. Ralph had already envisioned them expecting me to write a glowing rant about their product.
Usually the companies want final approval of what will be posted. I do not blog for anyone’s benefit but mine and I will not be bought or “bribed”. The response I received was definitely a pleasant surprise, and I quote: “We would be happy to get your honest opinion and have your review posted on the blog for your followers”. This led me to believe that they were confident in their product and I would be satisfied with my evaluation.
I received a navy blue Dickies EDS (Every Day Scrubs) Men’s scrub top by Priority Mail. When I opened the package I found, what appeared to be, a well-made scrub top. The size I requested is the “normal” size I wear; when I tried it on I found it roomy and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to find the left front pocket is actually two pockets, one over the other. The back pocket is full size and has a pen sleeve. The front pocket overlays the back pocket and its opening is about one inch below the back pocket. Then came the real test, since it is navy blue how will the color hold up. Well I am pleased to say after ten washings, it is just as blue as the day I got it.
So for this product I definitely have a positive review. The scrub top is well made and well worth the cost. Below is the “official” description of the top and a link to the Uniformed Scrubs catalog:

Dickies Men's Raglan Sleeve Scrub Top in 15 Colors
Style 816106
Men's Fit V-neck features raglan sleeves and layered chest pocket. Back length: 29".

Brand: Dickies
Collection: EDS Fit for Men
 Fabric: Poly/Cotton,Poplin
Detail: 65 % POLYESTER/POLIESTER-35% COTTON/ALGODON
 Gender: Men's
Neckline: V-neck
Sleeve: Short
 Body Type: Contrast Raglan Slv
Top Pockets: Chest

No comments:

Post a Comment