Monday, April 29, 2013

Getting ready to leave again!

Getting ready to leave again!
Well the time at home has been great and I have accomplished a lot around the house. The “hunny do list” is much shorter than it was when I got home in February. I have had a few dates with my wife, went on a week-long family cruise over spring break, and got to watch my son shoot trap every week. I have finished the fence in the back yard for the girls (that would be female dogs) so they won’t have to be walked. The lawn mower has sharp blades and the grass has been cut (several times).
Since this is going to be an extended trip (5 months), the family will be there visiting for several weeks, and salmon season opens in May, I am shipping some things to Dillingham. I have found out that the least expensive way to ship is via USPS parcel post. The drawback is that it will take about two weeks to get there. I have those boxes packed and will drop them off at the Post Office on my way to the airport Wednesday morning.
My “plan” was to pack my bags today, BUT yesterday afternoon I noticed the house was awful warm. When I checked the AC unit, the start capacitor (thingy that makes it run) had been destroyed by a voltage surge during a thunderstorm the night before. So I spent the morning driving to the other side of Memphis to get the part to fix the unit. So my AC repair went something like: 15 minutes to diagnose, 4 ½ hours running down the part, and 15 minutes to do the repair. Needless to say, I did not pack today.
So tomorrow I pack and plant blueberry bushes. Wednesday will be spent flying from Memphis to Anchorage then Thursday on to Dillingham. Of course it is supposed to snow 1-3 inches Thursday in Dillingham, lucky me. My next blog will be about what I find when I get back to Dillingham.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I went back and read all of your blog. If you ever want to quit NP, you could have a career as a writer. The information you provide is clear, concise and I am sure very helpful to others considering this career path. Kudos to you on helping out in places that desperately need good health care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to Alaska. Good thing your family is OK with all the traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks rfholcom. NP Odyssey, I am glad they ar eOK with it too, but if they weren't it just wouldn't work :-)

    ReplyDelete